Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"we have the same tattoo...maybe we're soulmates"

 OR, dare I say, MAYBE YOU ARE BOTH UNORIGINAL...

Our country has some of the most talented artists, yet some very unoriginal customers. Okay, so we're all aware of the most common tattoos: 
-Butterfly
-Tribal(say it with me..tramp stamp)
-Stars
-Fairy
-Kanji or Chinese symbol
-ambigram
-your (own!) name or initials (because oh no, you might forget who you are)

Admittedly, I have one (okay, maybe 2 of the above) but the following designs are THE most common designs I have seen in most artists' portfolios. I wonder if artists cringe when they see that they have do another one of these or think to themselves "good, I've already mastered this one"

not just any butterfly but this butterfly! I have seen this everywhere, in different sizes and colors. Done well and done poorly. please, folks, there are about 17,500 species of butterflies...

The "Rihanna" tattoo: This is a funny one. I saw this in Bora quite a bit this summer, actual tattoos and in henna. In color or in black, if you have this,  you are certainly not the only one sporting this "trend".
Rihanna

NOT Rihanna
NOT Rihanna
NOT Rihanna
NOT Rihanna
Ah..and yes, since we are on the topic of stars...nothing beats the nautical star. This seems to be the default tattoo for those who can't decide what to get. 



For the fellas...Men oh so love their ambigrams. But there's no denying...
the hannya...and of course, it has to be the most demonic one you can find.

Someone please explain this one to me...the black panther.




we can't forget the praying hands...and as you can see this, this can go terribly wrong. Though I have seen one that is magnificent. Still not very original though



But the winner is...drumroll, please...the KOI!
It's actually the perfect design for a cover-up. Complicated and detailed enough to hide that Sylvester the Cat tattoo you got 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment